Microsoft rolled out Windows 8 this autumn costing $39.99 for Windows 7, XP or Vista users, but prices will go up in February. With promotional offer ending on Jan 31, anyone with older version of widows will have to pay $ 119.99 for the Windows 8 basic edition, while you have to shell out more for the pro edition of Windows 8.
By giving such deadline to its users who are refraining them from buying latest windows version, Microsoft is encouraging them to embrace the newer OS.
The new pricing plan has options other that Basic and Pro upgrade products. If you buy a PC with Basic Win 8 and upgrade it with pro edition you have to pay $99.99 after the deadline while Windows Pro 8 users can add up Windows Media Centre and Video Playback through Media Centre Pack at $9.99. None of the above options will be relevant is you are getting your PC assembled from a scratch.
Windows 8 Pro is available at the price of $40 for the next 13 days. You can buy a DVD copy for $69.99.
The full breakdown of the pricing is mentioned below:
- Windows 8 Pro upgrade edition (for windows7, XP, Vista users) $199.99
- Windows 8 upgrade edition (for windows7, XP, Vista users) $119.99
- Windows 8 Pro pack (windows 8 users) $99.99
- Windows 8 Media Centre Pack (Windows 8 Pro users) $9.99
- Windows 8 system builder (for DIY PC users) $100-$165